Issued: 7:35 AM Jul. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT SUNDAY...
* HEAT INDEX VALUES...Up to 102 due to temperatures around 90,
and dewpoints in the mid 70s.
* TIMING...Excessive heat and humidity through the weekend. The
worst of the heat will be from late in the morning through the
mid evening hours on both days.
* TEMPERATURE...Actual air temperatures will reach the lower to
middle 90s on both days this weekend. It will not cool off
much overnight, with lows in most areas only dropping to the
* IMPACTS...The heat and humidity may cause heat stress during
outdoor exertion or extended exposure.
* LOCATION... Cape Cod and Marthas Vineyard.
A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned
room, stay out of the sunshine, and check up on relatives and
Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. This is especially true during
warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal
temperatures in a matter of minutes.