... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Thursday morning through
Friday evening for thunderstorms after a prolonged dry period for
fire weather zones 479 and 480...
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for thunderstorms after a prolonged dry period... which
is in effect from Thursday morning through Friday evening.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 479 Wasatch mountains and
fire weather zone 480 Uinta Mountains.
* Winds... Thursday... southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 45 mph
with thunderstorm activity. Friday... southwest 15 to 25 mph with
gusts to 45 mph with thunderstorm activity.
* Relative humidity... 13 to 15 percent below 7000 feet. Above 15
percent elevations above 7000 feet.
* Thunderstorms... scattered thunderstorms with minimal rainfall
and fast storm motions will develop on Thursday... then trend
more widely scattered in nature on Friday.
* Impacts... the combination of thunderstorms with minimal rainfall
after a prolonged dry period and gusty outflow winds may create
to the potential for new fire starts and rapid fire growth.
A Fire Weather Watch means that there is a potential for critical
fire weather conditions. Continue to monitor for the latest
forecasts and for possible red flag warnings.