Auglaize Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio

Watches & Warnings

There are currently no watches in effect.

Public Information Statement
Issued: 4:55 PM EDT Oct. 20, 2016 – National Weather Service

When does the first freeze of the fall season normally occur?

A temperature of 32 degrees fahrenheit has officially been recorded
as early as Sep 28th at Cincinnati... and Sep 21st in Columbus and
Dayton. The first occurrence of 32 degrees fahrenheit has happened
as late as Nov 27th at Cincinnati and Columbus... and Nov 25th at

Elements such as topography... urban and rural setting and the
placement of the recording instrument can create wide variations in
temperatures across an area.

National Weather Service temperatures are officially taken at an
elevation of five feet above the ground... but the temperature at
ground level may be colder. On typical fall nights when frost
occurs... the temperature at the five foot level may read 36 degrees
while at the ground level it is actually the 32 degrees needed to
form frost.

The following reference table will give an idea as to when the first
freezing temperatures might occur... based on the latest 30 years of
climatological data available at each of the listed locations (1981-2010).
An updated graphical presentation of the current status of the NWS
Wilmington frost/freeze program will be available on our website
at www.Weather.Gov/iln/.

Location normal first first 32f in one first 32f in nine
                 32f in fall year out of ten years out of ten
                                (10% probability) (90% likelihood)

..southwest Ohio

Cincinnati (kluk) Oct 22 Oct 7 Nov 4
Dayton (kday) Oct 22 Oct 7 Nov 6
Hillsboro Oct 24 Oct 6 Nov 6
Milford Oct 20 Oct 6 Nov 2
Wilmington Oct 16 Oct 1 Nov 1
Xenia Oct 20 Oct 4 Nov 5

..central Ohio

Circleville Oct 19 Oct 4 Nov 3
Columbus (kcmh) Oct 27 Oct 10 Nov 9
Delaware Oct 14 Sep 30 Nov 1
London Oct 9 Sep 28 Oct 26
Marysville Oct 22 Oct 7 Nov 5
Newark Oct 12 Sep 30 Oct 28
Washington c.H. Oct 21 Oct 7 Nov 4

..west central Ohio

Bellefontaine Oct 14 Oct 1 Oct 29
Greenville Oct 12 Sep 30 Oct 29
Kenton Oct 20 Oct 4 Nov 4
Springfield Oct 13 Sep 30 Oct 29

..south central Ohio

Portsmouth Oct 23 Oct 5 Nov 6
Chillicothe Oct 17 Oct 3 Nov 2


Carrollton Oct 25 Oct 10 Nov 7
Covington (kcvg) Oct 24 Oct 9 Nov 6
Maysville Oct 25 Oct 10 Nov 8
Warsaw Oct 21 Oct 5 Nov 4
Williamstown Oct 26 Oct 8 Nov 10


Richmond Oct 16 Oct 2 Oct 30
Vevay Oct 26 Oct 10 Nov 9

Ad Blocker Enabled

Local Radar

Click to Enlarge

Nearby Radar Stations

Cities Affected