... Winter Storm Watch now in effect from Tuesday morning through
* locations... North Woods... portions of the central Highland...
Central Aroostook and the St. John valley.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain
* accumulations... snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches with
sleet... along with around a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... precipitation will begin Tuesday morning and continue
into Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... potential moderate impact. Expect travel difficulties.
Snow, sleet and a glaze of ice will produce slippery conditions.
Ice may cause a few tree limbs to snap with scattered power
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... 26 to 32.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Piscataquis Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 4:37 AM EST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service