... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Saturday night through
Sunday evening above 6000 feet...
.A wet low pressure system will drop south over norcal from the
Gulf of Alaska late Saturday into Sunday. Snow level will start
out above 7000 feet but fall to near 6000 feet or locally lower
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from late Saturday night through
* Main impacts: slick roads due to snow. Unprepared travelers may
experience very long delays. Chain restrictions probable.
* Other impacts... winds gusting to 50 mph through the passes could
cause poor visibility and difficulty driving.
* Confidence... medium
* timing... late Saturday night through Sunday evening... heaviest
* Locations... Sierra Nevada passes and Lassen park above 6000 feet.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches over Sierra passes. Several
feet over highest peaks. 1 to 3 feet over Lassen park.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.
Interact with US via social media