Logo Usage Guide
These guidelines apply to all Weather Underground Logos found on this page with exceptions noted in the individual Logo entries below.
Please see individual Logo variations below for all acceptable combinations of layout and color. Find out more about Weather Underground, Inc.
Proper trademarks and credit lines must be used with Weather Underground corporate Logos. Weather Underground is a registered trademark of Weather Underground, Inc. both in the United States and internationally. The Weather Underground Logo is a trademark of Weather Underground, Inc.
The following alternative Logos may be used for applications in which the Standard Logo is unsuitable according to the guidelines specified in this guide.
1-Color Blue Logo
1-Color Black Logo
1-Color White Logo
(available in PNG and EPS formats only)
Elements of the Logo
The Logo comprises three elements: the Rainbow, the URL, and the Trademark.
Horizontal and Vertical Space
When choosing between Standard and Horizontal Logos, use the Logo that best fills the allotted space and allows the URL to appear as large as possible.
Clear Space Requirements
The Logo must have sufficient clear space separating it from surrounding elements.
In order to ensure legibility, there is a fixed minimum size to which the Logo may be scaled down.
- The Standard Logo may be scaled down to 3/4" (54px at 72dpi).
- The Horizontal Logo may be scaled down to 1 3/4" (126px at 72dpi).
All usage, color, and clearspace rules apply.
The 4-Color Logo may appear in its native CMYK or be converted to RGB as needed. It should never be converted to black and white or grayscale. For applications in which a spot color is needed, the 1-Color Logo may be converted to PMS 660. The following values may be substituted as necessary:
- The 4-Color Logo may be used only on white.
- The 1-Color Blue Logo may be used only on white or light neutral backgrounds.
- The 1-Color Black Logo may only be used on white or light backgrounds, including backgrounds with faint photographic or patterned elements.
- The 1-Color White Logo may only be used on black or dark backgrounds, including backgrounds with very dark photographic or patterned elements.
When choosing Logos, take care to ensure that there is as much contrast between the Logo and background as possible.
Do not use the Logo on busy nor bright backgrounds, nor on backgrounds with similar colors as the Logo. Always endeavor to maximize contrast between the Logo and background.
- Do not use the 4-Color Logo on any background other than solid white.
- Do not use the the 1-Color Blue Logo on any background other than solid white or pale neutral.
- Do not use the 1-Color Black Logo on any background other than white or very pale solid, patterned, or photographic elements.
- Do not use the 1-Color White Logo on any background other than black or very dark solid, patterned, or photographic elements.
- Do not change the color of any part of the Logo, unless specifically permitted according to the Color section of this guide.
- Do not apply affects to the Logo.
- Do not stretch, squeeze, warp, or rotate the Logo.
- Do not alter the Logo in any way.