... Red flag warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT Monday for
gusty wind... hot temperatures... a Haines index of 6... and cold
frontal passage around midnight...
* wind... southwest 15 to 25 mph in higher terrain south of the
cold front. The wind will shift to the northwest around
midnight in zones 275 and 276 as a cold front pushes through.
Northwest winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph are
possible in these zones. The front will push south to The Owl
creek mountains by 3 am... but the wind will not be as strong in
zones 282 and 287.
* Maximum temperatures... 89 to 94... with 84 to 88 in the Cody
* Humidity... 16 to 21 percent.
* Haines index... 6.
* Thunderstorms... isolated to widely scattered mixed wet and dry
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended and campfires need to be
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southwest Big Horn Basin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:14 PM MDT on August 30, 2015