Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 2:48 AM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST this
* locations... central mountains of West Virginia.
* Hazard types... freezing rain... sleet... and snow.
* Ice accumulations... a quarter to a half inch.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... 1 to 3 inches.
* Timing... precipitation will begin as snow early this
morning... and then change to sleet... and then freezing rain by
* Impacts... ice will accumulate on surfaces... including trees and
power lines... leading to possible power outages. Untreated
roadways will become ice covered and hazardous for travel.
* Winds... southeast 5 to 10 mph... except 10 to 20 mph with gusts
up to 30 mph on the ridges.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s early... rising into the lower
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. This will make travel
very hazardous or impossible.
Please report snow... sleet and ice accumulations to the National
Weather Service by calling toll free... 800-401-9535... when you
can do so safely. This phone number is to be used for reporting
You can also report winter weather by posting your report to the
Charleston West Virginia National Weather Service facebook Page...
or by using the twitter hashtag... nwsrlx.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates.
Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/rlx.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Blue Jay
- Clear Creek
- Coal City
- Cool Ridge
- Crab Orchard
- Dry Creek
- East Gulf
- Glade Springs
- Glen Daniel
- Glen Morgan
- Glen White
- Piney View
- Rock Creek
- Shady Spring
- Slab Fork
- White Oak
- Winding Gulf