... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to
8 PM EDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 10 am this
morning to 8 PM EDT this evening.
* Locations... middle Susquehanna valley and north central
* Hazard types... wet snow.
* Snow accumulations... ranging from around 2 inches throughout the
middle Susquehanna valley... to 4 or 5 inches across the higher
* Timing... snow will spread quickly east into the region during
the late morning hours... and continue into the late afternoon.
Rain will likely be mixed in right at the onset... followed by
the precipitation changing to all snow. The snow will be wet
since air temperatures will be in the mid to upper 30s.
* Impacts... isolated power outages due to the weight of the wet
snow on trees... which could be snapped and fall onto utility
lines. Untreated roads could become slushy during periods of
moderate to heavy snow.
* Winds... mainly light and variable.
* Temperatures... ranging from the mid 30s across the higher
elevations... to near 40 degrees for a late day high in the
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c... T... p... W... x.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Lycoming Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:11 AM EDT on March 31, 2015
- Antes Fort
- Center City
- Cogan Station
- Jersey Shore
- Old Lycoming
- Picture Rocks
- South Williamsport
- Sylvan Dell