... Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Saturday...
* high temperatures... 102 to 107.
* Timing... the hottest times of the day will be from noon until
7 PM each day. Temperatures at night will not cool off that
much and will remain at least in the mid to upper 60s.
* Impacts... the potential exists for heat exhaustion and heat
stroke due to the hot temperatures. Do not leave your children
or pets in a hot car. Do not over exert yourself outdoors
during the hottest times of the day.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot daytime temperatures and warm
overnight low temperatures will combine to create a situation in
which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay
in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the sun... and check up
on relatives and neighbors.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East Columbia River Gorge Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 7:48 AM PDT on July 31, 2015
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 10:16 AM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM PDT Saturday
for gusty winds and low humidity today and very hot and dry
conditions Saturday for fire weather zones 639...
* affected area... fire weather zones or/wa639.
* Timing... winds are expected to increase out of the west this
afternoon. These winds will persist into this evening before
diminishing after sunset. Very hot and dry conditions are
expected on Saturday.
* Wind... west winds 10 to 15 mph.
* Humidity... 8 to 11 percent.
* Haines... 5 today... 6 on Saturday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 5:32 PM PDT on July 30, 2015
... New daily record high temperatures for July 30th...
Station previous new records
record/year record began
The Dalles, or 106 / 1965 106 (tied) 1929
Redmond, or 100 / 1999 101 1949