...High Wind Warning now in effect until 5 PM PDT this afternoon for the central and north Oregon coast...
The High Wind Warning is now in effect until 5 PM PDT this afternoon.
* Winds: south 30 to 40 mph. Wind gusts to 60 mph for coastal communities with gusts to 75 mph along beaches and headlands.
* Timing of strongest winds for central Oregon coast: between 10 am and 3 PM.
* Timing of winds for north Oregon coast: between noon and 5 PM.
* Locations include: Lincoln City...Newport...Cape Foulweather...Yachats...Florence...Astoria... Cannon Beach... Tillamook...Netarts...Pacific City
* impacts: power outages and tree damage are possible in these winds.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.