... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Monday morning through
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Winter Storm
Watch... which is in effect from Monday morning through Tuesday
* Locations... a large portion of Rhode Island and eastern
Massachusetts including the Providence... Worcester... and Boston
metropolitan areas as well as the Merrimack valley and Cape Ann.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... there is the potential for 4 to 7 inches of snow
across the watch area Monday and Monday night.
* Uncertainty... the amount of ocean-effect enhanced snow banding
remains uncertain. In addition... a slight westward shift in the
track of an ocean storm could increase amounts while a track
farther east could reduce amounts.
* Timing... snow overspreads the watch area Monday morning and
afternoon... and continues into Monday night.
* Impacts... anyone traveling in the next 24 to 36 hours should
monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify travel plans.
* Winds... northeast 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Visibilities... may be reduced at times to one-half mile or less.
A Winter Storm Watch is issued for the potential of accumulating
snow of 6 or more inches in a 12 hour period... or 8 or more
inches in a 24 hour period. Anyone traveling in the next 24 to
36 hours should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify
travel plans .Synopsis for Massachusetts and Rhode Island coastal
waters... should winter weather develop.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Middlesex County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 4:48 AM EST Feb. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Forge Village
- Hanscom Air Force Base
- Kates Corner
- North Billerica
- North Chelmsford
- North Reading
- Nutting Lake
- South Chelmsford
- South Natick
- Village Of Nagog Woods
- West Acton
- West Concord