Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:34 AM EDT on March 12, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 11 am CDT /noon EDT/
... Winter Storm Warning is cancelled...
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect
until 11 am CDT /noon EDT/ this morning. The Winter Storm Warning
has been cancelled.
* Timing... moderate snow through sunrise and ending soon after.
* Snow rates... up to 1 inch per hour through sunrise.
* Total snow accumulations... 2 to 5 inches by early this morning.
* Main impacts... periods of moderate snow... combined with
northerly winds of 20 to 25 mph and gusts to 35 mph through
early this morning will lead to greatly reduced
visibility... especially in open areas. Travel will remain
treacherous into the mid morning hours due to snow covered
roads from heavier rates overnight.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Statement as of 9:30 PM CDT on March 11, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Illinois River at La Salle.
* Until Monday evening.
* At 845 PM Tuesday the stage was 20.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 23.0 feet by
Thursday afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage Monday
* Impact... at 22.0 feet... Riverside parking lot at Starved Rock State
Lat... Lon 4137 8896 4135 8929 4126 8930 4128 8896
Statement as of 9:32 PM CDT on March 11, 2014
The Flood Advisory continues for
the Illinois River at Ottawa
* until late Friday night.
* At 830 PM Tuesday the stage was 461.9 feet.
* Action stage is 461.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 463.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise to near 462.6 feet by Thursday
* Impact... at 462.4 feet... Allen Park entrance threatened and west
boat ramp submerged.
Lat... Lon 4135 8868 4137 8896 4128 8897 4127 8867
Local Storm Report
03/12/2014 0310 am
Ottawa, La Salle County.
Snow e2.0 inch, reported by law enforcement.
03/11/2014 0810 PM
Mendota, La Salle County.
Hail m0.25 inch, reported by NWS employee.
- Winter Weather Statement
A winter weather advisory is issued when significant accumulations of snow, sleet, or freezing rain may affect the advisory area.
- Flood Warning
A flood warning is issued when flooding is occuring or is about to occur.
- Flood Watch / Flood Statement
A flood watch is issued when flooding is possible in the watch area.
Nearby Radar Stations