Marine Weather for PZ 270
...Small Craft Advisory for winds in effect from 2 am to 9 PM PDT Saturday... ...Small Craft Advisory for hazardous seas in effect from 4 PM Saturday to 6 am PDT Monday...
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a Small Craft Advisory for winds...which is in effect from 2 am to 9 PM PDT Saturday. A Small Craft Advisory for hazardous seas has also been issued. This Small Craft Advisory for hazardous seas is in effect from 4 PM Saturday to 6 am PDT Monday.
* Winds: south winds will increase to 20 to 25 kt late tonight then veer to the southwest by late Sunday morning as a front moves through the waters. Gusts to 30 kt are possible. Winds will ease Sunday afternoon and evening.
* Seas: large westerly swell is expected to move into the waters Saturday afternoon. Seas will build above 10 ft in the afternoon and rapidly build to 17 to 20 ft Saturday evening then subside to 13 to 16 ft Sunday afternoon...but likely remaining above 10 ft into early next week.
A Small Craft Advisory for wind means that wind speeds of 21 to 33 knots are expected. Inexperienced mariners...especially those operating smaller vessels should avoid navigating in these conditions.
A Small Craft Advisory for hazardous seas means that waves are expected to be hazardous to small craft. Mariners should avoid shoaling areas. Long period swell can sharpen into large breaking waves in shoaling areas. It is not unusual for waves to break much farther from shoaling areas than is normally experienced. Remember...breaking waves can easily capsize even larger vessels.
Marine Weather Maps
Click any area for a Zone forecast. Click the Station ID for station data.
Marine Weather Links
Pt St George to pt Arena and out 60 nm
- (NULL) Coastal waters from Cape Mendocino to Pt. Arena CA out 10 nm
- (NULL) Waters from Cape Mendocino to Pt. Arena CA from 10 to 60 nm
- (NULL) Coastal waters from Pt. St. George to Cape Mendocino CA out 10 nm
- (NULL) Waters from Pt. St. George to Cape Mendocino CA from 10 to 60 nm
San Mateo Point to the Mexican border out 60 nm
Coastal waters from Florence Oregon to point St. George California and westward 60 nm.
- (NULL) Waters from Cape Blanco OR to Pt. St. George CA from 10 to 60 nm
- (NULL) Coastal waters from Florence to Cape Blanco OR out 10 nm
- (NULL) Waters from Florence to Cape Blanco OR from 10 to 60 nm
- (NULL) Coastal waters from Cape Blanco OR to Pt. St. George CA out 10 nm
Coastal waters from Cape Shoalwater Washington to Florence Oregon and westward 60 nm
- (NULL) Coastal waters from Cascade Head to Florence OR out 10 nm
- (NULL) Waters from Cascade Head to Florence OR from 10 to 60 nm
- (NULL) Columbia River Bar
- (NULL) Coastal waters from Cape Shoalwater WA to Cascade Head OR out 10 nm
- (NULL) Waters from Cape Shoalwater WA to Cascade Head OR from 10 to 60 nm
Washington and Oregon waters from 60 nm to 250 nm offshore.
- -128.24399 46.92668 (NULL) Cape Flattery to Cape Lookout
- -127.86487 43.55642 (NULL) Cape Lookout to Point St. George
Fornia waters from 60 nm to 250 nm offshore.
Marine & Boating Location Search
Enter a coastal zip code for marine weather.
Coastal Water Temperatures
|Westport, WA||51.1 °F|
|Garibaldi, Tillamook Bay, OR||52.0 °F|
|Toke Point, WA||52.0 °F|
|South Beach, OR||53.1 °F|
|Astoria, OR||55.0 °F|
Open Sea Buoy Information
|Place||ID||Sea Temp||Wave Height|
|COL RIVER BAR 20NM West of Columbia River Mouth||46029||52 °F||8.86 ft|
|Tillamook, OR NM WNW of Tillamook, OR||46089||50 °F||9.51 ft|
|Clatsop Spit, OR||46243||52 °F||8.20 ft|
|Grays Harbor, WA||46211||52 °F||8.86 ft|
|Click the Station ID for daily observations and history.|
|3 AM||9 AM||3 PM||9 PM||3 AM||9 AM||3 PM||9 PM|
|Barview, Tillamook Bay, Oregon:|
|2014-04-18||9:34 AM PDT||Low Tide||-0.75|
|2014-04-18||3:53 PM PDT||High Tide||6.04|
|2014-04-18||9:24 PM PDT||Low Tide||2.11|
|2014-04-19||3:09 AM PDT||High Tide||7.55|
|2014-04-19||10:23 AM PDT||Low Tide||-0.68|
|2014-04-19||4:49 PM PDT||High Tide||5.85|
|Brighton, Nehalem River, Oregon:|
|2014-04-18||9:32 AM PDT||Low Tide||-0.82|
|2014-04-18||4:02 PM PDT||High Tide||6.32|
|2014-04-18||9:22 PM PDT||Low Tide||2.30|
|2014-04-19||3:18 AM PDT||High Tide||7.90|
|2014-04-19||10:21 AM PDT||Low Tide||-0.73|
|2014-04-19||4:58 PM PDT||High Tide||6.12|
|Columbia River entrance (N. Jetty), Washington:|
|2014-04-18||9:34 AM PDT||Low Tide||-0.49|
|2014-04-18||4:18 PM PDT||High Tide||6.41|
|2014-04-18||9:29 PM PDT||Low Tide||2.41|
|2014-04-19||3:33 AM PDT||High Tide||8.06|
|2014-04-19||10:20 AM PDT||Low Tide||-0.36|
|2014-04-19||5:10 PM PDT||High Tide||6.19|
|Nestucca Bay entrance, Oregon:|
|2014-04-18||9:50 AM PDT||Low Tide||-0.75|
|2014-04-18||4:06 PM PDT||High Tide||6.16|
|2014-04-18||9:40 PM PDT||Low Tide||2.11|
|2014-04-19||3:22 AM PDT||High Tide||7.69|
|2014-04-19||10:39 AM PDT||Low Tide||-0.68|
|2014-04-19||5:02 PM PDT||High Tide||5.96|