Active Advisory: (US Severe Weather)
Forecast as of 2:20 am EST on December 9, 2013
Small Craft Advisory in effect from 7 am EST this morning through late Tuesday night
Heavy freezing spray warning in effect from 1 PM EST this afternoon through Tuesday morning
Ontonagon To Upper Entrance Of Portage Canal Mi-
Upper Entrance Of Portage Canal To Eagle River Mi-
Rest Of Tonight
Southwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Snow likely. Waves 1 to 3 feet.
West winds up to 30 knots with gale force gusts up to 38 knots. Freezing spray. Snow showers. Waves building to 9 to 12 feet.
West winds up to 30 knots backing southwest 20 to 25 knots after midnight. Heavy freezing spray. Snow showers in the evening. A chance of snow showers after midnight. Waves subsiding to 6 to 9 feet.
Southwest winds 15 to 20 knots veering northwest 20 to 25 knots in the afternoon. Freezing spray. A chance of snow in the morning. Snow in the afternoon. Waves subsiding to 4 to 7 feet...then building to 6 to 9 feet.
Small Craft Advisory, Ice Accretion Warning
Statement as of 9:33 PM CST on December 08, 2013
... Small Craft Advisory remains in effect from 7 am EST /6 am
CST/ Monday to 1 am EST /midnight CST/ Wednesday...
... Heavy freezing spray warning remains in effect from 1 PM EST
/noon CST/ Monday to 7 am EST /6 am CST/ Tuesday...
A heavy freezing spray warning remains in effect from 1 PM EST
/noon CST/ Monday to 7 am EST /6 am CST/ Tuesday.
* Timing: expect heavy freezing spray to occur from 1 PM EST
/noon CST/ Monday to 7 am EST /6 am CST/ Tuesday.
A Small Craft Advisory remains in effect from 7 am EST /6 am CST/
Monday to 1 am EST /midnight CST/ Wednesday.
* Wind and waves during the small craft advisory: expect
sustained winds of up to 30 knots from the west... with gusts
up to 38 knots. The largest expected significant waves will be
13 feet with a maximum wave height of up to 18 feet possible.
* Timing: the maximum winds are expected around 4 PM EST Monday
with the largest waves expected around 7 PM EST Monday.
Please see the latest marine forecasts for more detailed
A heavy freezing spray warning means heavy freezing spray is
expected to rapidly accumulate on vessels. These conditions can
be extremely hazardous to navigation. It is recommended that
mariners not trained to operate in these conditions or vessels
not properly equipped to do so... remain in port or avoid the
A Small Craft Advisory means that wind speeds of 22 to 33 knots
are expected to produce hazardous wave conditions to small craft.
Inexperienced mariners... especially those operating smaller
vessels should avoid navigating in these conditions.
Click any area for a Zone forecast. Click the Station ID for station data.
Waters within five nautical miles of shore on Lake Superior
- DLH Two Harbors to Duluth MN
- DLH Duluth MN to Port Wing WI
- DLH Silver Bay Harbor to Two Harbors MN
- DLH Taconite Harbor to Silver Bay Harbor MN
- DLH Grand Marais to Taconite Harbor MN
- DLH Grand Portage to Grand Marais MN
- DLH Port Wing to Sand Island WI
- DLH Sand Island to Bayfield WI
- DLH Chequamegon Bay-Bayfield to Oak Point WI
- DLH Oak Point to Saxon Harbor WI
Waters within five nautical miles of shore
- MQT Saxon Harbor WI to Black River MI
- MQT Black River To Ontonagon MI
- MQT Ontonagon to Upper Entrance of Portage Canal MI
- MQT Upper Entrance of Portage Canal to Eagle River MI
- MQT Eagle River to Manitou Island MI
- MQT Manitou Island to Point Isabelle MI
- MQT Point Isabelle to Lower Entrance of Portage Canal MI
- MQT Portage Lake to Huron Island MI to Lower Entrance of Portage Canal To Huron Islands MI Including Keweenaw and Huron Bays
- MQT Huron Islands to Marquette MI
- MQT Marquette to Munising MI
- MQT Munising to Grand Marais MI
- MQT Grand Marais to Whitefish Point MI
- MQT Green Bay North of line from Cedar River MI to Rock Island Passage
- MQT 5NM East of a line from Fairport MI to Rock Island Passage
- MQT Seul Choix Point to Point Detour MI
Waters beyond five nautical miles of shore on Lake Superior
- MQT Lake Superior East of a line from Manitou Island to Marquette MI and West of a line from Grand Marais MI to the US/Canadian Border Beyond 5NM from shore
- MQT Lake Superior from Grand Marais MI to Whitefish Point MI 5NM off shore to the US/Canadian border
- MQT Lake Superior west of a line from Saxon Harbor WI to Grand Portage MN beyond 5NM
- MQT Lake Superior West of Line from Manitou Island to Marquette MI Beyond 5NM from shore
- MQT Lake Superior from Saxon Harbor WI to Upper Entrance to Portage Canal MI 5NM off shore to the US/Canadian border including Isle Royal National Park
- MQT Lake Superior from Upper Entrance to Portage Canal to Manitou Island MI 5NM off shore to the US/Canadian Border
Waters within five nautical miles of shore on lakes Huron... Michigan and Superior
- APX Whitefish Bay (U.S. Portion)/Whitefish Point to Point Iroquois MI
- APX St. Marys River Point Iroquois to E. Potagannissing Bay
- APX Norwood MI to 5NM West of Mackinac Bridge including Little Traverse Bay
- APX St Ignace to False Detour Channel
- APX 5NM East of Mackinac Bridge to Presque Isle Light MI including Bois Blanc Island
- APX Seul Choix Point to 5NM West of Mackinac Bridge
- APX Straits of Mackinac within 5 nm of Mackinac Bridge including Mackinac Island
Waters beyond five nautical miles of shore on Lake Michigan
- LOT Lake Michigan from Seul Choix Point to Rock Island Passage 5NM offshore to Mid Lake
- LOT Lake Michigan South of a line from Seul Choix Point to the Mackinac Bridge and North of a line from Charlevoix MI to South Fox Island 5NM offshore
Lake Huron forecast beyond five nautical miles from shore
Marine & Boating
Enter a coastal zip code for marine weather.
Coastal Water Temperatures
|No Stations Reporting|
Open Sea Buoy Information
|Place||ID||Sea Temp||Wave Height|
|Portage Canal||45023||76 °F||0.00 ft|
|MID SUPERIOR 60NM North Northeast Hancock, MI||45001||38 °F||2.30 ft|
|W SUPERIOR 48NM North of Ironwood, MI||45006||44 °F|
|Click the Station ID for daily observations and history.|
C-MAN Station Information
|Place||ID||Water Temp||Wave Height|
|Rock of Ages, MI||ROAM4|
|Passage Island, MI||PILM4|
|Stannard Rock, MI||STDM4|
NOT FOR NAVIGATION. DO NOT RELY ON THIS DATA FOR DECISIONS THAT CAN RESULT IN HARM TO ANYONE OR ANYTHING.