Marine Weather for LO 043
...Heavy freezing spray warning in effect from 8 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Monday... ...Gale Warning in effect from 11 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a heavy freezing spray warning...which is in effect from 8 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Monday. A Gale Warning has also been issued. This Gale Warning is in effect from 11 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Monday.
* Winds...northeast to 35 knots.
* Waves...10 to 14 feet.
* Heavy freezing spray...significant ice accumulations will occur on vessels due to strong winds and spray from wave action.
A heavy freezing spray warning means heavy freezing spray is expected to rapidly accumulate on vessels. These conditions can be extremely hazardous to navigation. It is recommended that mariners not trained to operate in these conditions or vessels not properly equipped to do so...remain in port or avoid the Waring area.
A Gale Warning means winds of 34 to 47 knots are imminent or occurring. Operating a vessel in gale conditions requires experience and properly equipped vessels. It is highly recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe Harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.
Marine Weather Maps
Click any area for a Zone forecast. Click the Station ID for station data.
Marine Weather Links
- Niagara River to Thirty-Mile Point NY
- Thirty-Mile Point to Sodus Bay NY
- Sodus Bay to Mexico Bay NY
- Mexico Bay NY to the St. Lawrence River
- Lake Ontario, Niagara River to Thirty-Mile Point NY beyond 5 nm offshore
- Lake Ontario, Thirty-Mile Point to Sodus Bay NY beyond 5 nm offshore
- Lake Ontario, Sodus Bay to Mexico Bay NY beyond 5 nm offshore
- Lake Ontario, Mexico Bay NY to the St. Lawrence River beyond 5 nm offshore
St. Lawrence River
Canadian portions of the Great Lakes
Marine & Boating Location Search
Enter a coastal zip code for marine weather.
Coastal Water Temperatures
|Buffalo, NY||32.0 °F|
|Alexandria Bay, NY||32.0 °F|
Open Sea Buoy Information
|Place||ID||Sea Temp||Wave Height|
|Lake Ontario Buoy 20NM North Northeast of Rochester, NY||45012||47 °F||1.64 ft|
|Prince Edward Pt||45135||47 °F||0.66 ft|
|NW Lake Ontario Ajax||45159||36 °F||3.28 ft|
|Click the Station ID for daily observations and history.|
C-MAN Station Information
|Place||ID||Water Temp||Wave Height|
|Galloo Island, NY|
|Thousand I Brdg NY|
|Alexandria Bay, NY|
Not for navigation. Do not rely on this data for decisions that can result in harm or damage.