... Lakeshore Flood Advisory remains in effect until 5 am EDT
* Lake Shore flooding... strong easterly winds will cause high
waves and rising water levels along the shoreline of Lake Erie
and the mouth of the Detroit River.
* Water levels... readings at 10 PM where 48 inches at Gibraltar
and 47.6 inches at Toledo. Rises are expected to continue
overnight and possibly reach between 60 and 65 inches above low-
water chart datum at Toledo. Levels near Gibraltar are expected
to reach between 55 and 58 inches above low-water datum.
* Timing... tonight through through early Saturday morning.
* Impacts... minor flooding along the shoreline is possible in
addition to beach erosion. Affected areas include communities
along the Lake Erie shoreline and communities at the southern
end of the Detroit River... including Gibraltar and Horse
* Waves of 2 to 4 feet will further aggravate any flooding and
A Lakeshore Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds will
generate flooding of low areas along the Lakeshore.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit
To learn more about dangerous waves and currents please visit
dangerouscurrents.Org (all lower case)