... Lake effect snow warning remains in effect until 4 PM EST
* accumulations... total accumulations of 6 to 15 inches are
expected by Saturday with the heaviest amounts likely south of
Interstate 90. Higher snowfall amounts are possible across
eastern Erie and Crawford counties where accumulations may
approach 2 feet. The highest amounts will occur southeast of a
line from Edinboro to Wattsburg where squalls are most
* Timing... snow showers will expand inland overnight with the
highest accumulations focused over the higher terrain. Periods of
snow showers will continue into Saturday and be heavy at times.
Snow showers may strengthen along the Lakeshore again Friday
night into Saturday.
* Impacts... lake effect snow and snow squalls will lead to
significant accumulations of snow and very poor visibilities
at times. Hazardous travel conditions are expected.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph becoming
* Temperatures... in the 20s with wind chill values of 10 to 15
A lake effect snow warning is issued when heavy lake effect snow
is expected or occurring. During lake effect snow... the weather
can vary from bands of locally heavy snow to dry weather just a
few miles away. Visibilities can vary greatly and can drop to
near zero in the heavier lake effect snow bands. If you will be
traveling in the warned area be prepared for rapid changes in
weather... visibility and Road conditions. Local travel
restrictions may be in effect.