High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
3:29 PM PST
National Weather Service
... High Wind Warning in effect from 1 PM to 7 PM PST Sunday...
... Wind Advisory in effect from 1 PM to 7 PM PST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect from 1 PM to 7 PM PST Sunday. A Wind
Advisory has also been issued. This Wind Advisory is in effect
from 1 PM to 7 PM PST Sunday.
* Winds... west winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 mph... except
for west winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph in the winter
rim to Summer Lake area.
* Timing... early afternoon into early evening.
* Locations include... far eastern Klamath County... most of Lake
County and the Warners in eastern Modoc. Highways most affected
will be highways 31... 395 and 140 in Oregon with the strongest
winds in the Summer Lake and Paisley areas.
* Impacts... strong west winds will cause hazardous driving
conditions... especially on north-south oriented roads near the
Paisley... Summer Lake areas. Snow will also begin to increase
around mid afternoon in northern portions of lake and Klamath
counties... with reduced visibilities possible at times.
* View the hazard area in detail at
The strongest winds are expected along Highway 31 between Paisley
and Silver Lake.