... Lake effect snow warning remains in effect until 10 am EST
* accumulations... additional accumulations of 3 to 6 inches
overnight east of Cleveland with less than 2 inches west of
Cleveland. This additional snowfall will bring totals across
northeastern Cuyahoga County to near a foot through Saturday
* Timing... snow will continue this evening and be heavy at times
from downtown Cleveland to the eastern suburbs. The snow will
start to shift northeast up the Lakeshore late tonight.
* Impacts... lake effect snow and snow squalls will lead to rapid
accumulations of snow and very poor visibilities at times.
Hazardous travel conditions are expected.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... near 20 degrees tonight. Wind chill values
falling to 8 to 12 degrees overnight.
A lake effect snow warning is issued when heavy lake effect snow
is expected or occurring. During lake effect snow... the weather
can vary from bands of locally heavy snow to dry weather just a
few miles away. Visibilities can vary greatly and can drop to
near zero in the heavier lake effect snow bands. If you will be
traveling in the warned area be prepared for rapid changes in
weather... visibility and Road conditions. Local travel
restrictions may be in effect.