... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 PM Sunday to 1 PM EST
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 7 PM Sunday
to 1 PM EST Monday.
* Impacts... difficult to hazardous travel due to snow covered
roads, especially during the Monday morning commute.
* Locations... all of central and northern Vermont.
* Hazard types... light to moderate snow.
* Accumulations... 3 to 7 inches of snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to 1 inch per hour... mainly Sunday
night through Monday morning.
* Timing... light snow will overspread the area Sunday evening and
become moderate at times Sunday night through the morning hours
on Monday. Precipitation will taper to scattered areas of light
snow or mixed precipitation by Monday afternoon.
* Winds... south to southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25
* Temperatures... slowly rising through the 20s Sunday night. Highs
on Monday in the 30s.
* Visibilities... as low as one half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads
and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this