Weather Radar Maps

Chicago Radar
NEXRAD Station LOT
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
M7 65 dBZ 45,000 ft. 42 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 2.00 in. 14 knots ENE (58)
J5 63 dBZ 37,000 ft. 50 kg/m² 40% chance 90% chance 1.25 in. 8 knots WNW (303)
X6 62 dBZ 30,000 ft. 53 kg/m² 30% chance 100% chance 1.25 in. 2 knots E (99)
Y6 58 dBZ 35,000 ft. 46 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 2 knots W (279)
L6 58 dBZ 25,000 ft. 28 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 2 knots NNE (28)
A6 56 dBZ 39,000 ft. 49 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 0 knots SW (230)
K7 56 dBZ 20,000 ft. 25 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots S (174)
U5 55 dBZ 24,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 4 knots WNW (297)
B5 55 dBZ 29,000 ft. 35 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 2 knots NW (316)
N5 55 dBZ 22,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots S (171)
V5 55 dBZ 16,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots SW (232)
W7 53 dBZ 24,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 10 knots WSW (250)
T7 53 dBZ 21,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots WSW (257)
C6 52 dBZ 26,000 ft. 25 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 6 knots SE (128)
A7 52 dBZ 27,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 8 knots SW (222)
Q6 51 dBZ 19,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 0 knots NE (44)
I6 50 dBZ 16,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots WSW (251)
F7 49 dBZ 25,000 ft. 15 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 0 knots NW (323)
O4 49 dBZ 16,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots S (188)
U7 48 dBZ 18,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots SE (124)
D6 47 dBZ 12,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots WSW (245)
G8 45 dBZ 13,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
F8 45 dBZ 12,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
E8 44 dBZ 16,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
C8 43 dBZ 18,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
W3 43 dBZ 12,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 27 knots WSW (253)
V6 43 dBZ 12,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots W (261)
I8 39 dBZ 6,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
H8 39 dBZ 16,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
T6 39 dBZ 15,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Q5 39 dBZ 20,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots WNW (292)
Q7 39 dBZ 13,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 0 knots NW (308)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail