Weather Radar Maps

Houston-Galveston Radar
NEXRAD Station HGX
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
F8 57 dBZ 42,000 ft. 47 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 14 knots NE (48)
A7 53 dBZ 33,000 ft. 30 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 12 knots NNE (29)
J9 52 dBZ 43,000 ft. 36 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
F4 52 dBZ 34,000 ft. 29 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 16 knots E (98)
V7 52 dBZ 19,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots NNE (31)
Z0 49 dBZ 16,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots NE (46)
G9 47 dBZ 18,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots NE (52)
O2 46 dBZ 14,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 29 knots NNE (30)
K2 46 dBZ 16,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots NNE (13)
S1 45 dBZ 13,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots SE (142)
T4 44 dBZ 16,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Y0 43 dBZ 13,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
L1 41 dBZ 16,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
X2 36 dBZ 13,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
L3 33 dBZ 6,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots NE (46)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail