Maps & Radar
- Winter Storm Remus: Wintry Mess Across South, Snow for Midwest (FORECAST)
- Winter Storm Quantum Ice and Snow Reports
- How New England and Boston's Snow Measures Up In The Record Books
- Winter Storm Remus in the South: Minibus Crashes on Icy Texas Roads, States of Emergency Declared
- Maine Pileup on I-95 During Winter Storm Quantum Causes Serious Injuries, Officials Say
- All News
- Cold Air Invasion Coming: What's the Role of Warming?
- Doomsday Clock Moves Due to Climate Change, Signaling Mankind is Closer to a Global Catastrophe
- 2014 Was Earth's Warmest Year on Record
- California Offers a Comprehensive Response to Climate Change, State Government Says
- U.S., China Reach Landmark Climate Deal
- All News
|Figure 3. The map shows the average annual rate of thinning since 1970 for the 173 glaciers measured in Dyurgerov and Meier (2005). This sample includes mountain glaciers only, not ice sheets in Antarctica and Greenland or calving glaciers. (Larger changes are represented with larger circles.) Image credit: Global Warming Art compiled from the findings of Dyurgerov and Meier (2005).|
Click here to return to the article.