Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Weather Advisory
2:38 PM MST
National Weather Service
... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon MST
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight
tonight to 5 PM MST Wednesday...
* impacts/timing: in addition to low wind chill temperatures
tonight, snow bands are expected along Flathead Lake.
* Snow: a snow band will form tonight around midnight along the
south end of Flathead Lake. Big Arm through Polson to Finley
Point are the most likely areas to be affected. 1 to 3 inches
of snow are likely, but up to 6 inches is possible in a local
area under a snow band.
* Freezing spray: High Lake levels, particularly Flathead Lake,
along with wind and cold temperatures will bring the threat
for icing on docks and boats. The south and southwest side of
Flathead Lake has already had considerable icing from freezing
spray, and this will continue tonight.
* Wind chill values: 10 to 15 degrees below zero during the
mornings and around zero during the day.
* Locations impacted include: Flathead Lake, Flathead Valley,
Mission Valley, and Polson