The Flood Warning continues for
the Wisconsin river at Portage.
* At 2:00 PM Monday the stage was 17.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
tomorrow early afternoon.
* Impact... at 18.0 feet... floodwaters surround some seasonal homes
along Old River Road in the Blackhawk Park area. Old River Road is
closed with water over it. Wood street in the Blackhawk Park area
is affected by floodwaters. West Lane Road in the Long Lake area
is closed with about 4 feet of water over it in places.
Lat... Lon 4351 8970 4365 8966 4359 8937 4339 8939
4344 8965 4350 8957
River forecasts are available for some but not all river gaging
locations. The 7 day river forecast takes into account past
precipitation... soil moisture conditions etc..and predicted
future 48 hour basin-average precipitation.
(Stages in ft.) Bank- latest forecast stages
- flood full observed ... for 6 PM...
location stage stage stage/time Mon Tue Wed Thu
Portage 17.0 12.7 17.93 02 PM 02/27 17.7 16.7 16.1 14.7
- highest 24 hour change
- observed in river stage
- stage in (ft.) Up to highest stage
- the last latest observed forecast in
- 7 days stage next 7 days
Portage 18.44 08 PM 02/26 M 17.70 06 PM 02/27
Below is the latest predicted precipitation information in 6 hour
increments for the listed sites. This information is updated twice
daily - in the morning and evening. Precipitation prediction is for
48 hours into the future from September through February and for 24
hours into the future from March through August.
Portage: 6 am-noon Mon Feb 27 0.00
portage: noon-6 PM Mon Feb 27 0.00
portage: 6 PM-midn Mon Feb 27 0.00
portage: midn-6 am Tue Feb 28 0.14
portage: 6 am-noon Tue Feb 28 0.03
portage: noon-6 PM Tue Feb 28 0.04