... Lake effect snow watch remains in effect from Thursday morning
through late Friday night...
* locations... southern Erie... Wyoming... Chautauqua... and
* Timing... from Thursday morning through late Friday night.
* Accumulations... as much as 1 to 2 feet within the most
persistent lake snows.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Visibilities... as low as a quarter mile at times.
* Temperatures... highs around 30 Thursday. Lows in the lower 20s
Thursday night. Highs in the mid 20s Friday. Lows around 20
* Impacts... heavy lake effect snow and areas of blowing snow
will likely lead to significant accumulations of snow on area
roadways and very poor visibilities at times... resulting in
hazardous to dangerous travel conditions.
* Forecaster confidence... high.
A lake effect snow watch means that narrow bands of locally heavy
lake effect snow are possible across the region... along with
rapid changes in Road and visibility conditions that can have a
significant impact on travel.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.