Lake Effect Snow Advisory
4:00 AM EST
National Weather Service
... Lake effect Snow Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST
* accumulations... total accumulations of 4 to 8 inches possible
through tonight. Locally higher amounts remain possible across
the eastern suburbs. If snow squalls become persistent... the
advisory may need to be upgraded to a warning.
* Timing... snow will expand to the south and west early this
morning and will have impacts on the morning commute. The snow
showers will likely continue into the evening before starting
to shift out of the County during the overnight.
* Impacts... lake effect snow and snow squalls will lead to rapid
accumulations of snow and very poor visibilities at times.
Hazardous travel conditions are expected.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the 20s today. Cooler tonight with lows in the
teens. Wind chill values in the teens today and possibly dipping
into the single digits tonight.
A lake effect Snow Advisory is issued when lake-effect snow is
forecast that may make travel difficult in some areas. During
lake effect snow... the weather can vary from bands of locally
heavy snow to dry weather just a few miles away. Visibilities can
vary greatly. If you will be traveling in the advisory area be
prepared for rapid changes in weather... visibility and Road