Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
2:23 PM PDT
National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Saturday for
gusty winds and low humidity...
* affected area... in Washington and Oregon... fire zone 639
covering most of Klickitat County and the eastern Columbia
River gorge. In Oregon... fire zone 610 covering the east
slopes of the northern Oregon Cascades.
* Timing... winds will increase late this afternoon and evening
and will be stronger on Saturday.
* Wind... west to northwest wind 10 to 20 mph late today and 15
to 25 mph on Saturday. The strongest winds will be through the
Columbia River gorge where gusts to 35 mph are expected.
* Humidity... 12 to 22 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
601 am PDT Fri Jul 29 2016
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening for wind and low relative humidity for
northern Columbia Basin and south/central Cascade valleys...
* affected area: fire weather zone 673 East Washington northern
Columbia Basin (zone 673)... fire weather zone 676 East
Washington south central Cascade valleys (zone 676) and fire
weather zone 677 East Washington central Cascade valleys (zone
* Winds: west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Relative humidities: 11 to 23 percent.
* Impacts: dry and breezy conditions will lead to the rapid
spread of any new fire starts.
* Communities: Wenatchee... Entiat... Vantage... George... Ephrata...
Moses Lake... Douglas... Waterville... Wilbur... Othello...
Ritzville... Coulee City... Ellensburg... Yakima.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.