... Red flag warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT this evening
for strong gusty wind with low humidity for fire weather zones
285 and 624...
... A new red flag warning in effect from 1 PM to 7 PM PDT Friday
for strong gusty wind with low relative humidity for fire weather
zones 285 and 624...
* impacts: strong, gusty wind with low relative humidity and high
fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of
any new and existing fires.
* Affected area: in northern CA... northwestern portions of fire
zone 285 including Timber Mountain and Blue Mountain RAWS. In
south central or... southern portions of fire zone 624 including
Bly... Gerber Reservoir... and Strawberry RAWS.
* Counties affected: in northern CA... northwest Modoc. In south
central or... southeastern Klamath... southwestern lake.
* Wind: southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Humidity: 14 to 17 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* a red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are ongoing or will occur shortly.
* Strong winds and low relative humidities will cause any existing or
new fires to spread very rapidly.
* One less spark... one less wildfire.
Visit US at www.Weather.Gov/Medford