Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch
3:15 AM PDT
National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am to 11 PM PDT Monday...
... High wind watch in effect from Monday morning through Monday
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 8 am to 11 PM PDT Monday. A
high wind watch has also been issued. This high wind watch is in
effect from Monday morning through Monday evening.
* Winds in advisory area... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50
* Winds in watch area... south to southwest 30 to 40 mph with
gusts to 60 mph possible.
* Timing... winds will increase early Monday morning, peak late
Monday morning into Monday afternoon, then diminish Monday
* Locations in advisory include... Klamath Falls, Lakeview,
* Locations in watch include... Highway 31 near Summer Lake, Warner
* Impacts... travel could become dangerous along Highway 31 near
Summer Lake, especially for high profile vehicles. Travel along
highways 140, 395, and 31 will become difficult for high profile
vehicles. Unsecured objects may be lost or damaged.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://weather.Gov/Medford/hazard
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest