Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
12:24 PM PST
National Weather Service
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 10 PM this evening
to 10 am PST Saturday above 5000 feet...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this
evening to 10 am PST Saturday above 4000 feet...
* snow accumulations... 11 to 15 inches above 5000 feet and 7 to
11 inches above 4000 feet.
* Winds... west winds 15 to 30 mph.
* Elevation... warning above 5000 feet and advisory above 4000
feet. Snow levels will lower from 6000 feet Friday afternoon to below
4000 feet by late Saturday morning.
* Timing... snow will begin to reach the passes late evening...
with the highest rates around midnight to 5 am. Snowfall rates
will diminish through the morning.
* Locations include... highways 62... 138... 140 and 230.
* Impacts... snow will combine with gusty winds to cause possible
periods of whiteout conditions.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel... keep tire chains... a flashlight...
blankets... food... water... medications... and a fully
charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.