... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am PST this
* snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches above 2000 feet... with less
than an inch between 1500 and 2000 feet.
* Ice accumulations... a trace to 0.05 inches.
* Timing... light snow will continue overnight into this morning
along with pockets of freezing rain and sleet through early this
morning. Ice should only occur for an hour or two during that
time... but may last longer in some locations.
* Locations include... Tiller... Cave Junction... Highway 199 in the
Illinois Valley... Interstate 5 north of Grants Pass through
Douglas County... Roseburg... Prospect and Highway 138 through
* Impacts... even a small amount of freezing rain and sleet can
produce extremely dangerous conditions on roads and walking
* Impacts... snow will cause travel difficulties on roads...
including the four passes along Interstate 5 from Grants Pass
to Roseburg and Highway 62 near Prospect.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* stock emergency kit with tire chains... flashlight...
batteries... blankets... food... water... and medications.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads.
* See weather.Gov/Medford/cams for latest Road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...
sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be
prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities and use
caution while driving.