... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to
9 am PST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and freezing rain... which is in effect
from 10 PM this evening to 9 am PST Thursday. The Winter Storm
Watch is no longer in effect.
* Snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches above 2000 feet... with less
than an inch between 1500 and 2000 feet.
* Ice accumulations... a trace to 0.05 inches.
* Timing... light snow will begin early this evening and continues
into Thursday morning. The chance for freezing rain and sleet
also begins later this evening and persists through early
Thursday morning. Ice should only occur for an hour or two
during that time... but may last longer in some locations.
* Locations include... Tiller... Cave Junction... Highway 199 in the
Illinois Valley... Interstate 5 north of Grenada... Prospect and
Highway 138 east of Glide.
* Impacts... even a small amount of freezing rain and sleet can
produce extremely dangerous conditions on roads and walking
* Impacts... snow will cause travel difficulties on roads...
including the four passes along Interstate 5 from Grants Pass to
Roseburg and Highway 62 near Prospect.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://weather.Gov/Medford/hazard
* stock emergency kit with tire chains... flashlight...
batteries... blankets... food... water... and medications.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads.
* See weather.Gov/Medford/cams for latest Road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of
snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties.
Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities and use
caution while driving.