Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch
3:15 AM PDT
National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 PM this evening to 8 PM PDT
... High wind watch in effect from this evening through Monday
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 11 PM this evening to 8 PM PDT
Monday. A high wind watch has also been issued. This high wind
watch is in effect from this evening through Monday evening.
* Winds in advisory area... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50
* Winds in watch area... south 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph
* Timing... winds will increase tonight, peak early Monday morning,
and diminish Monday evening.
* Locations in advisory include... Montague, Interstate 5 north of
Weed to Grenada.
* Locations in watch include... Weed.
* Impacts... travel may become difficult or dangerous along
Interstate 5 near Weed, especially for high profile vehicles.
Unsecured objects could be lost or damaged.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://weather.Gov/Medford/hazard
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest