Winter Storm Watch, Winter Weather Advisory
3:50 PM PST
National Weather Service
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST this
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Friday morning through
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter Storm
Watch... which is in effect from Friday morning through Saturday
* Additional snow accumulations... 1 to 2 inches between 2000 and
3000 feet, and 2 to 3 inches above 3000 feet.
* Snow level... 1500 feet. Heavier showers will bring down snow
* Timing... snow showers will continue through this evening.
* Locations include... Weed, Callahan, portions of Klamath River,
portions of Etna, portions of Yreka, portions of Fort Jones.
Portions of highways 96 and 3. Interstate 5 in the Shasta
* Impacts... roads will be occasionally slippery in areas that get
heavy snow showers due to snow and slush accumulation.
Visibilities will be reduced to a half mile or less during
heavier snow showers.
* Friday afternoon into Saturday morning... another storm could
bring significant snow accumulations to similar areas.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and
* See weather.Gov/Medford/cams for latest Road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.