High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
8:30 AM PDT
National Weather Service
... High Wind Warning in effect from 11 PM this evening to 5 PM
... Wind Advisory now in effect from 11 PM this evening to 5 PM
The National Weather Service in Medford has upgraded the high wind
watch to a High Wind Warning... which is in effect from 11 PM this
evening to 5 PM PDT Monday.
* Winds in advisory area... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50
* Winds in warning area... south 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph
* Timing... winds will increase tonight... peak early Monday
morning... and diminish Monday evening.
* Locations in advisory include... Montague... Interstate 5 north
of Weed to Grenada.
* Locations in warning include... Weed.
* Impacts... travel may become difficult or dangerous along
Interstate 5 near Weed... especially for high profile
vehicles. Unsecured objects could be lost or damaged.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of
58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted, especially for high profile vehicles.