... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 PM this evening to
4 am MST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 11 PM
this evening to 4 am MST Tuesday.
* Affected area... the Cache Valley, northern Wasatch front, Salt
Lake and Tooele valleys, Wasatch back, southwest Wyoming,
western Uinta Basin, Castle country, southwest Utah and south
* Snow accumulations... generally 1 to 4 inches with locally higher
* Timing... snow will develop late tonight, heavy at times during
the morning and afternoon commutes. Snow will gradually
dissipate Monday evening and early night across the north while
snow continues heavy at times across the south through much of
Monday night before ending.
* Snow levels... 5000-5500 feet across south central Utah Monday.
* Winds... west winds gusting to 35 mph will cause blowing snow
across southwest Wyoming Monday.
* Impacts... winter driving conditions are expected with snow
covered roadways and poor visibility. Both the morning and
evening commutes will be affected.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that visibilities will be limited
due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when
traveling, especially in open areas.
For winter Road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.Udottraffic.Utah.Gov/roadweatherforecast.Aspx or dial
For winter Road conditions from the Wyoming Department of
Transportation, visit http://www.Wyoroad.Info or dial 511.