... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM MST this
* timing... periods of snow will occur through this afternoon. There
will be times of moderate to heavy snow during the event. Snow
could mix with rain below 6200 feet today.
* Snowfall so far... 8 to 12 inches in the mountains. 3 to 6
inches in the valley.
* Total snowfall... 12 to 18 inches along the Gros Ventre Range and
18 to 28 inches along the Teton Range expected. Snowfall of 8 to
12 inches possible in the Jackson Valley.
* Wind and visibility... expect a west wind of 25 to 35 mph with
gusts to 50 mph in the high country. A south to southwest wind
of 15 to 25 mph will occur in the Jackson Valley. This will
result in blowing and drifting snow along with lowered
visibility. Teton and togwotee passes and Highway 89 between
Moose and Moran will be impacted with very low visibility at
* Impacts... roads will be slick and snow packed with limited
visibility at times. People planning outdoor activities should
be prepared for adverse winter weather conditions and take the
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... and
or blowing snow are expected or occurring. This could make travel
very hazardous or impossible. If you must travel keep some food...
water... and an extra flashlight in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. Check the latest Road conditions at wyoroad.Info or by
dialing 5 1 1.