The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Winfield ld25
* until further notice.
* At 8:30 PM Friday the stage was 26.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to crest near 29.5 feet by Wednesday early
* Impact: at 30.0 feet... the Golden Eagle Ferry will likely close
near this level. Lakeshore drive in northern St. Charles County
becomes impassable near this level.
* Impact: at 29.3 feet... the following roads in northern St. Charles
County close near this level: Peruque Creek Road near Highway 79,
dalbow Road near Highway 79, and Firma Road.
* Impact: at 29.2 feet... Lakeview Road in northeastern St. Charles
County is closed north of the Railroad tracks. Also, Highway c
between Highway b and silvers Road will be closed near this height.
* Impact: at 29.0 feet... Route 96 at Mozier Landing closes.
* Impact: at 28.5 feet... much of County highways b and c in eastern
St. Charles County are flooded.
* Impact: at 27.5 feet... at this stage, lock and dam 25 will
stockpile 200 tons of sand, 12,000 sandbags, and 10,000 square feet
of polyethylene plastic as a precaution.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 10/01 10/02 10/03 10/04 10/05
Winfield ld25 26.0 26.07 26.5 27.5 28.5 29.1 29.4
Lat... Lon 3922 9081 3923 9071 3888 9057 3881 9057