Blizzard Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
10:10 PM CST
National Weather Service
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST
... Blizzard Warning remains in effect from 9 am to 6 PM CST
* timing... periods of snow are expected Monday night and Tuesday
and then diminish around 6 PM Tuesday. Blizzard conditions will
develop on Tuesday morning.
* Precipitation rates... the heaviest snowfall rates will occur
between 4 PM and 10 PM this evening.
* Snow accumulations... 4 to 8 inches.
* Winds... winds will increase Tuesday morning. Northwest 30 to
40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Visibilities... below a half mile in snow tonight... below a
quarter mile in snow and blowing snow on Tuesday.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow or sleet
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving. The
latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can be
obtained by calling 5 1 1.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel... have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded... stay with your vehicle.