Blizzard Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
3:27 PM CST
National Weather Service
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 9 am CST Tuesday...
... Blizzard Warning in effect from 9 am to 6 PM CST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Grand Forks has issued a Blizzard
Warning... which is in effect from 9 am to 6 PM CST Tuesday.
* Timing... expect snow to develop around 3 PM and then diminish
around 6 PM Tuesday. Blizzard conditions will develop on Tuesday
* Precipitation rates... the heaviest snowfall rates will occur
between 4 PM and 10 PM this evening.
* Snow accumulations... 4 to 8 inches.
* Winds... winds will increase Tuesday morning. Northwest 30 to 40
mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Visibilities... below a half mile in snow tonight... below a
quarter mile in snow and blowing snow on Tuesday.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow or sleet
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving. The
latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can be
obtained by calling 5 1 1.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel... have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded... stay with your vehicle.