... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EST
* expect light to moderate wet snow to continue through this
evening before diminishing after midnight tonight. The snow may be
mixed with rain at times near the warming influence of Big Bay de
Noc and Lake Michigan.
* A band of lake enhanced snow streaming north off Lake Michigan may
cause some locally heavier snow at times. This heavy snow band is
most likely to impact Schoolcraft County as well as eastern Alger
and Delta counties.
* Expect visibility to be reduced as low as one quarter to one half
mile during periods of heavier snow.
* Total wet snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches are expected at most
locations. Total snow accumulations could reach 5 to perhaps 6
inches at some spots under the heavier snow band that may impact
Schoolcraft and eastern Alger and Delta counties. Locations along
the shore of Big Bay de Noc and Lake Michigan are likely to see an
inch or less of snow.
* plan on hazardous driving conditions with reduced visibility and
slippery... snow covered roads.
* a Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT