... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Thursday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a Winter Storm
Watch... which is in effect from Thursday afternoon through Friday
* Locations... Coeur D'Alene, Post Falls, Hayden, Worley, Moscow,
Plummer, Potlatch, Genesee, Pullman, Colfax, Rosalia, La
Crosse, Oakesdale, Tekoa, Uniontown, Moses Lake, Ephrata,
Othello, Quincy, Ritzville, Grand Coulee, Odessa, Wilbur,
Coulee City, Spokane, Cheney, Davenport, Rockford, Wenatchee,
Chelan, Entiat, Cashmere, Omak, Okanogan, Brewster,
Bridgeport, Oroville, Nespelem, Disautel pass, Waterville,
Mansfield, and Badger Mountain Road.
* Snow accumulations... 4 to 7 inches. Highest amounts near the
Cascades and over Idaho. Lowest amounts near Moses Lake.
* Timing... light snow will begin Thursday afternoon and taper off
to scattered snow showers late Friday afternoon.
* Impacts... heavy snow accumulation on area roads will make
driving difficult and treacherous. The Friday morning commute
period will be particularly impacted.
* Winds... east 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.