... Winter Storm Warning in effect
from 1 PM Sunday to 5 PM MST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for snow... which is in effect from 1 PM Sunday to
5 PM MST Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass... Stanford... White
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 5 inches at lower elevations... and 5
to 10 inches in the mountains... including Kings Hill Pass.
* Timing... snow will develop Sunday afternoon and continue through
Monday afternoon before tapering off. A period of moderate to
heavy snow is likely... especially Sunday night into Monday
* Impacts... moderate to heavy snow will create hazardous driving
conditions at times. In addition... blowing and drifting snow is
possible... especially Sunday afternoon into Monday
morning... which will lead to poor visibility at times.
Significant travel impacts are expected through the Monday
morning commute. The snow will be followed by sub zero
temperatures Monday night.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.