Lake Effect Snow Advisory
4:41 AM EST
National Weather Service
... Lake effect Snow Advisory in effect from 1 am Thursday to 7 am
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a lake effect
Snow Advisory for lake effect snow and blowing snow... which is in
effect from 1 am Thursday to 7 am EST Saturday.
* lake effect snow will move into the area as winds turn out of the
northwest Wednesday night... although the exact start time is
uncertain... and continue into Saturday morning.
* Northwest winds gusting as high as 30 mph will lead to blowing
and drifting snow... especially near Lake Superior.
* A few inches of snow is expected to accumulate each day and night
from Wednesday night through Friday night... resulting in total
accumulations approaching or possibly exceeding a foot. The most
snow is expected near and west of Munising.
* roads will become snow covered and slippery.
* Moderate to possibly heavy snow and blowing snow will reduce
* a lake effect Snow Advisory Means Lake-effect snow is
forecast that will make travel difficult in some areas.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT