Lake Effect Snow Advisory
5:06 PM EST
National Weather Service
... Lake effect Snow Advisory now in effect until 10 am EST
* accumulations... snow accumulations will average 4 to 8 inches
by Friday night. The highest amounts are likely in the eastern
suburbs. If snow squalls become persistent... the advisory may
need to be upgraded to a warning.
* Timing... snow will increase in coverage and intensity this
evening with snow showers continuing Friday into Friday night.
* Impacts... lake effect snow and snow squalls will lead to
significant accumulations of snow and very poor visibilities
at times. Hazardous travel conditions are expected.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the 20s.
A lake effect Snow Advisory is issued when lake-effect snow is
forecast that may make travel difficult in some areas. During
lake effect snow... the weather can vary from bands of locally
heavy snow to dry weather just a few miles away. Visibilities can
vary greatly. If you will be traveling in the advisory area be
prepared for rapid changes in weather... visibility and Road