... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Friday morning through
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Winter Storm
Watch, which is in effect from Friday morning through Saturday
* Locations... interior northern Massachusetts north of the Mass
* Hazard types... snow sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... potential for snow accumulation of 6 inches or
more with greatest risk over the higher elevations near the
Route 2 corridor. Up to a tenth of an inch of ice accumulation
is also possible with locally up to one quarter inch over the
* Timing... snow developing Friday morning and may mix with or
change to sleet and freezing rain Friday night. Precipitation
will be heavy at times late Friday and Friday night.
* Impacts... snow and ice will make for hazardous travel
conditions, especially later Friday into Friday night. The
accumulation of wet snow and/or ice on trees and power lines
may result in some power outages.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
* Confidence... precipitation types and accumulations are uncertain
as the area will be close to the snow/ice/rain line. Where this
zone sets up will determine how much snow and ice accumulates.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow, sleet, or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts. Be prepared to modify
travel plans should winter weather develop.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at