... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 am to 10 PM PST
Sunday above 5000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect
from 4 am to 10 PM PST Sunday.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 10 inches... except for near Crater
Lake which will see 11 to 15 inches.
* Winds... west winds 20 to 30 mph.
* Elevation... 5500 feet at the onset... lowering to 4500 feet. The
greatest amounts will be above 5000 feet.
* Timing... snow will begin early in the morning with the heaviest
snowfall rates will be mid morning through early afternoon.
* Locations include... highways 58... 138... 230... 62 and 140 above
5000 feet. The greatest amounts will be in The Crater lake area.
* Impacts... strong winds combined with heavy snow rates will
reduce visibility. Road surfaces will be below freezing early
morning then may not start melting snow until early afternoon.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open