... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Wednesday
for gusty winds, low relative humidity, and dry thunderstorms for
fire weather zones 454 and 469...
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds, low relative humidity, and dry
thunderstorms... which is in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT
Wednesday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 454 central Lander and
Eureka counties and fire weather zone 469 southwestern and
central Elko County.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 10 percent.
* Thunderstorm coverage... isolated thunderstorms moving from the
southwest up to 30 mph. Small rain cores will not prevent new
* Outflow winds... 35 to 50 mph.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity...
along with dry lightning and strong outflow winds... will
create critical fire weather conditions. In addition...
extremely dry fuels are in place.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.